Monday, July 14, 2008

It's funny how when you sit down to write on these things that you forget everything that you were just thinking about three minutes ago.  
I was sitting outside tonight watching the bat show (we have hundreds of bats living in our ceiling that fly out through the roof top at twilight), which is way cool, and it occurred to me that I forgot to mention something that might just put a grin on most of your faces.
Up in town, or rather village, there are two restaurants and a gas station.  The two diner owners hate each other, which basically puts the town in two camps.  Those that eat at diner A, and those that eat at diner B.  Of course, there are those that are smart about it and make sure that if they eat at diner B one night, that on their next visit to the village, they eat at diner A.  So two nights ago, while we were visiting diner B, one such smart individual came in for a sundae and we got to talking about how the one canyon up here literally dried up since the last fire.  The river is no longer there, so the guy suggests that we call in the Mormons.  I just stared at him blankly wondering what the hell he was talking about.   And then he explained that Mormons were known, back in the day, for being able to make water travel uphill.  "Geniuses," he said.  Man, I giggled and mentioned that I would be sure to pass the word on to my parents who would love to hear how smart they are.  Obviously, if they moved here, they would be rotating visitors of both diners A and B.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

hmmm. never heard we could do that. I'll put that in my prayers though. :) I'm glad you atleast have 2 diners to choose from.

you were joking about Ryan's 6 pack right? I didn't realize that pic of us showed his stomach rolls by the way he's sitting. hehehe. oh well.

Adam and Anya said...

He probably thought you guys were Mormon.

I mean, you ARE a joyful family going out for Sundaes.

hehehe

Allison Barry said...

my favorite part of the post is that you admitted you were "giggling."

Bastian and B

Bastian's new laugh