Thursday, July 10, 2008

We're up to 5 inches of rain over the past two days.  I decided to drive the truck down to check out the ram in the pour yesterday and ended up walking back because the truck's wheels sank in the soft orchard topsoil.  Not even low 4wd would budge it.  I have a feeling that it's going to be a couple of days before I'm able to get it out.  
Bastian loves the rain.  I'm looking out at the yard right now and it's littered with trucks and little people that drive the trucks.  He wants so badly to go off and explore this place, but Alli and I are reluctant to follow him around while it's so wet.  "I'm sorry to say Bastian, but it looks like another reading day."  I suppose I just need to get some rain gear or get wet.  

5 comments:

Ciara said...

Bastian is soooooo cute in thoes picturesa i miss you guys!!

Adam and Anya said...

The rain sounds fantastic! We might be getting some tonight. It's cloudy today.

Allison Barry said...

Oh greg. your blog reminds me of that thing you wrote up about our Havasupai trip. I read that recently and laughed pretty hard. remember that dog we befriended and put icy hot on it's butt? wow we are mean people. We miss you guys here.

Mindy said...

I google mapped Mayhill and looked at the satelite view and your right, you can call it a village. What, there's only like 4 streets or something? Plus, mom was saying you guys were 6 hours and it said it was just over 8 hours! Looks nice and green and mountainy from what I can tell.

john and brenda said...

I MISS YOU ALL!

Bastian and B

Bastian's new laugh