Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Every Wednesday, Rob and I join Mark from across the way, in ditch digging. It's not the most fun I've ever had, but ranks right up there with painting over graffiti, playing Yahtzee, or reading the news. They're not all terrible things, and I do sort of take some joy in them, but not a lot. Well anyway, it snowed yesterday (rare), so Mark called up this morning and cancelled. Last week, Oliver helped us out.
Right now, Bastian is still in his bed playing with his toys. I'm trying to warm the house up. Rob is up on the hill working on his foundation. Alli and Alex are in bed (not together-weird).
Today, I'd like to weld up an expansion basin for a copper tubing heater that I'm making for an outside bench. We'll see how it goes. Also, there's a lot of cob to mix up and some more foundations to lay. Good times in Mayhill!

4 comments:

john and brenda said...

I like hearing what you are planning to do. It sounds like you have some more company coming. Fun!

Brooklynn said...

I miss Bastian so bad! Devin and Allison are coming, and I was going to come with them, but they don't have enough room in the car. :(

Adam and Anya said...

I wish Mayhill was down the street from us.

Mama Bear said...

Hey! I'm glad you guys have a blog, too. Ours is mostly pictures, but it's nice that you actually have some commentary! So, congrats on #2. When is the baby due? Hopefully Alli isn't so sick anymore. Morning sickness is awful! Are you going to find out what you are having??? When are you headed to AZ for law school?

So good to hear from you! Keep in touch!

Bastian and B

Bastian's new laugh