Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wow, where did the week go? Hmm...
We had Betsy start off the visits last week and then Oliver arrived on Tuesday with Alex, Betsy's son. I've got POD, Post Oliver Depression. He had to leave last night, but we had a lot of good times for the four days he was here. Bastian led us all over the mountains here and at one point we even carried him to the top during a wind storm. Adventures. Good times.
Jess, Sarah, Wil and Allie (Wil's girlfriend), arrived Friday morning. It's great having them here. Bastian loves hanging out with new people. His parents are pretty boring.
Last night we had a couple of friends over, in addition to the company and we made pizzas in the mud oven. That thing is always entertainment. It gets everyone involved in the cooking, and sort of novelizes the process.
Alli and I are both really lucky. We had great birthdays and received a lot of kind words and well wishes over the last week. Thanks all!

6 comments:

Brooklynn said...

sounds fun with all the company there! I just wish that I had some company to visit us.....

john and brenda said...

I am glad you had fun with your friends since I couldn't be there to have fun with you! How's the law school plans going?

jgverdine said...

congratulations on law school! And that little boy is so flippin' cute with short or long hair:) cute cute cute

imbize said...

Hey! I didn't log on on your birthday, so I'm late! BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAN. You are old. hahaha

Adam and Anya said...

Glad to hear the update. I hope the birthdays were fabulous!!

We were just talking about when to come a visit. Ella and John would love to see Bastian ASAP. I hope we'll see you at the cabin too!

Allison Barry said...

we can't wait to come! hope your birthdays were great. sorry this is a pretty boring comment.
SAM SAM!

Bastian and B

Bastian's new laugh