Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our wheatgrass flats
Our roses.  The pictures don't show them too well, but they are nice.  Coming along, anyway.
This is the ceiling I started to paint.  I'm not sure I like where it's going, so I'll probably start paint over some of it.



Here is the backhoe and the beginnings of our country road


This is the lettuce patch.  There is kale, dark and green lettuce, and spinach

Here's the wall we did behind the new wood-burning stove


This is Alli's test oven.  It came out really well and actually cooked a small loaf of bread.
This is the going to be the door for the oven we're going to build this weekend with everyone here.

This is the foundation for the new oven.  When it's finished it will be about 16 inches high inside and the outside will spill over the edges.












6 comments:

Mindy said...

I wasn't sure if you heard or read the news on mom's and Anya's blog about Scottee and Trevee. Go read it if you haven't heard.

You guys have done a lot of work there. I like the tiled wall behind your woodburning stove (that's funny you have a woodburning stove)

Adam and Anya said...

We're depressed about not coming this weekend.

We're excited to come next weekend though. John has been marking every day off the calendar for the last two weeks. His kindergarten teacher even asked us what farm we were going to! She said he kept talking about acres and acres.

Well, hang in there one more week...we're coming!!!! It's going to be a sweet trip!

john and brenda said...

Seeing your pictures and all the preparations you've made makes me even more sad. I wish things were different and we could come. It is really rough tight now.

We can't wait to have you here in September.

Brooklynn said...

cool scary music

Anonymous said...

been looking at the blog nice work It looks like you are getting the hang of it with all the new pics and video.... I like what you have done with the place. There is always some satisfaction in watching all your hard work come together. I really think having big projects as a family will keep you close and that is important. I love the times that we are out working in the yard together it is so fun to me. Next year I hope to have a garden. I did not have time this year. well must be off

Brooklynn said...

sorry i didnt go I REALLY wanted to. im really sad. but i couldnt miss school its really hard. i would have gone if i new u were throwing a party for me.

Bastian and B

Bastian's new laugh