Sunday, August 24, 2008

Well we're done.  I'll take some pictures and see if I can put something up here soon.

I've been thinking today that nearly everyone I know is voting for McCain and it's making me ask why.  And, if I had to say, I think it's because of the tag associated with his name, he's a Republican and if there's one thing that speaks more to people than anything else it's tradition.   To me, that's just sad.  I remember on my mission fighting tradition earnestly, so that people might find the courage to change, even if it wasn't for long, so that they might be able to experience something new and exciting.  Tradition has it's place, but when it comes to the leading officials of the country, in my mind, they better be on the front edge and willing to take risks in order to keep, at least, one step ahead of the rest.  In my view, McCain is not that man.   If you look around the world, the majority of the developed western countries all scream Barack's name for president.   I'm not sure I understand this fully, but I do know that when I was overseas and in Central America, most, if not all of the people with whom I came in contact hated Bush.  Once they found out I was American, it was the second thing they told me.  I wasn't a huge supporter of the man either, but I didn't hate him, so these revelations were always quite shocking.  After I returned home from these places I did my own research, a lot of research, and came to my own conclusions.  Bush fell completely from my favor and I became politically active on the other side.  I'm not a Democrat, I'm an Independent and I will vote for the person that more closely mirrors my ideas of progress, not tradition, and this time around it just happens to be the Dem.  Now, I'm expecting some hate mail from all of this, and possibly some "you don't know what you're talking about"s.  Well, that may be, but until you come up with an argument worth debating, then try and follow your mother's advice and say nothing at all.   Politics usually brings out the worst in people because at the core, we all want the world to be our own little utopia.  Well, with the billions of different views we all have, I think we all know that isn't going to happen, so we settle for crooked politicians to sort of lead us in our voyage, hoping for the best, but usually getting the lesser of two evils.  Man, it's unsettling, but at least I didn't write anything about religion.

4 comments:

Riley & Ashley said...

Amen brother!

imbize said...

Hey man, I feel more and more like an Independent every day. I hate both of the options that are available to me. I can't stand behind Barack for many, many reasons (he behaves like an Anti- American IMHO)...and McCain falls short in all areas too. Both will tax the hell out of me for working hard to earn 6 figures. At this point, I think we are screwed no matter who gets elected.

hortongirls said...

Well, you're right!

Susann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Bastian and B

Bastian's new laugh