Thursday, January 8, 2009

Today we had some guests arrive from AZ. They are originally friends of Rob's and Betsy's, but I claim them as friends now too. Jeanie and Marv flew in his airplane from Camp Verde. Marv comes from Canada eh and is a retired school teacher among other things and Jeanie is something like a hydrogeologist. I could be wrong on that, but she is a pretty smart cookie. Anyway, after they arrived, I went up to the site and started working on the foundation for the library/guesthouse again. I started thinking about all the crap I've got to get done before school starts (if I get accepted), and I started freaking out. It mostly has to do with going to work at State Farm again (if I'm accepted). I hated that place and now I'm turning back to it again because I know I can earn a decent living doing it. I feel like I'm selling my soul though, cuz I know I'll be miserable selling something I hate talking about just for a dime and a nickel. But on the bright side, at least I'll have a job in this torn up economy, and I'll be able to finish (hopefully) the guesthouse. Count your blessings, name them one by one....

3 comments:

john and brenda said...

Hmmm. We trade our personal wishes and wants for what can contribute to the good of the family and that is called LOVE and sacrifice!!! I think it is great that you are willing to do it for a dime and a nickel. I guess that means you won't be able to come and stay for a month if dad goes to CA for treatments! And way to count your blessings! That never fails to work for me!

Brooklynn said...

ha! if i didnt know any better, i would say youre an ative member of the church! haha. oh ya and come stay with me for 6 weeks while mom and dad are gone

imbize said...

awwwwwwww...good old State Farm. I remember when you sold me on them..and even when you hooked me up on Progressive! hahaha Martie is still with State Farm. I'm sure you'll manage it somehow. ;)

Bastian and B

Bastian's new laugh