Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Boy what a sad couple of days we've had here. It's rough seeing family drive off from a place that is theirs, but they feel that cannot claim as of now. I hope that circumstances change soon, so that this land can be properly occupied. It feels too vacant without all of you. Rob, Alli, and I had to throw ourselves into our work to ease the loss we all feel. Needless to say, the road advanced considerably today and Rob actually worked all day and is now down in Alamogordo to get new chain for the big chainsaw, so that we're not held up for tomorrow's push. "Manners"(just for you dad), I love operating a backhoe, and I think Adam found a new love as well.
My favorite part of the weekend was playing Quelf with the group the first night Adam and Anya were here. The seven or eight of us laughed for about three straight hours, probably because of Wil's fake laugh. It was nice to have such a variety of people too, each adding to the diverse conversation and personal edification. Most of all though, I owe all of you so much for contributing to Bastian's life. He loves being with all of you, although I think Ella and Johnny are perhaps his favorites (more than even his parents).
If any of you haven't played this game Quelf, I highly recommend it. We played it three or four times in three days and I have to say that it is perhaps one of things I like to share most, well besides a good Tool album anyway. Speaking of music, Betsy, Alli and Jess all sang a song in different harmonies, which was spectacular. We also got Alli and Jess recorded singing one of Alli's originals. It sounds so good. I'll try and figure out a way to get it on here.
Oh, and one more thing: I've recently started a new story that I'd like to post by chapter on a different blog. It's a about a boy who has an inward ability to talk to things that normally wouldn't react to conversation. I know, I know, it doesn't sound that interesting, but perhaps what I lack in imagination will be made up simply in curiosity for the unknown. I have to admit that I'm a little hesitant to put it out there, but soon enough, soon enough, I'll have the courage to get that first chapter posted. I'll let ya know...

6 comments:

Brooklynn said...

so you are writing a book! good for you! so ur coming down next weekend right???

john and brenda said...

I hear you got bit by Bessie. Too bad. I am glad you all had fun and I look forward to having you here and also to reading your book!

Adam and Anya said...

We had tons of fun. The chiggers are bad but it was worth it!!

Ella and John were SO sad to leave.

You guys make fantastic hosts!!!

Jessica said...

I had SO much fun! :o) I really can't wait to come back. It is a weekend that I will always remember, and I know that we will have many more to come! I enjoyed every part of it. The music, the games, the laughter, the wonderful food, the Amazing scenery, and the Incredible company! :) I love all of you guys so much, and can't wait to see you again. What a great and beautiful place Mayhill is as well. For the next visit, you guys better put me to work, because I am ready! :o)
Love you guys,
Jess

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate. My family was helping me on my house for about three weeks and when the last day came it was sooo sad. I could not even go back to the house for a few days it was so lonley without them.

Allison Barry said...

That is awesome that you are writing a book! I would love to read it. I'm glad you guys are coming into town, too.

Bastian and B

Bastian's new laugh