Thursday, September 25, 2008

Man, It's like 8 oclock my time, but I'm out in AZ again for a job.  It'll be a quick trip, but I'm definitely missing Alli already.  Bastian I can wait to see though...Naa, he's a good kid and I kinda sorta miss him?

Let's see, we left at 8 this morning and arrived in Phx about 8 hours later.  It's weird how some drives can seem like they get shorter as you make them over and over, but this one just seems to be eight strong hours every &$(#&%* time.  I'm not ungrateful for the work though, in fact, I'm very happy to be out here to visit quickly and to earn a few bucks.  I'm sure I don't need to remind you that we do have a small home of mud to sculpt soon.    And although there will be a minimal discount for the structural materials, there will still be substantial cost to be able to live sustainably.  

You know what I thought was funny on the way over though?  That on many of these SUV's  passing by doing like 110 miles per hour, there were these bumper stickers that valiantly proclaimed (or rather demanded) "God Bess America".   I find it ironic that these drivers (and I'm certainly not perfect here, but I'm not driving around with the sticker either) can even ask God to bless these great States when they're polluting the grand country and destroying the air our grandchildren are going to breathe.   I'm not saying that you have to buy the whole climate change bit to understand my point here.  What I'm thinking is that any sane person doesn't want to have to drink polluted water, eat polluted food, nor do they want to breathe polluted air.  So I'm suggesting that perhaps they should think about taking the stickers off their giant vehicles until they can learn to meet God half way.  But who am I to judge???  I mean really, I certainly have no right to judge.  Maybe they are doing a lot in another area, say perhaps, they are feeding the homeless, clothing the naked or somethings noble like that.   I'll never know, but I still can't help thinking as they burn gasoline at twice the rate of the average traveler with their proud stickers on board, that they are living a hypocritical life.   And if you read my post a few days ago, then you'll understand completely why I'm weak.  


Bastian and B

Bastian's new laugh