Monday, September 29, 2008

In my opinion, and I know that it doesn't count for much more than that,  I have to say that our Republican Representatives in Washington did the right thing this morning by shooting down this bailout plan, or excuse my language, the "Recovery Plan" (oh please).  The fact that the Democrats, on the other hand, pushed for it in significant numbers troubles me, but then again, Dems are usually the ones pushing for more oversight and regulation, while Reps prefer smaller government.   In most cases, health care, education, and other social services, I do prefer the Democratic point of view, but this time, on this absolutely ridiculous idea that more debt can solve a problem of debt, just seems like the wrong idea at this point.  I would agree to more regulation, but not to the 3/4 of a trillion dollars for a few massive banks.  Of course, like always, I could be wrong.  I don't get much in the way of information out here, other than reading the Internet news (and I think we all know how reliable that can be). vnb3

6 comments:

imbize said...

I hear ya man. I'm more pissed about the stock markets reaction to it though. WHAT THE CRAP. I need to just cash out and put my money in my mattress already!

jgverdine said...

hey mountain man! WHat the heck is growing on your face?? That looks like a biohazard! lol...dont you miss me? I cant believe you still have that ponytail...ew!:) Sounds like you are doing good, and happy! Im glad I can see what youve been up to and can keep an eye on ya!

john and brenda said...

I am with you on this. It does make me want to hide some money somewhere. I don't trust the system right now.

Riley & Ashley said...

We're going hiking on the 10th, friday, in the morning. Hiking out on sunday morning, home by 5. Hope you can make it....ps when did you you get so political?? Are we going to see Governor Greg in a few years? That'd be sweet!!

Adam and Anya said...

I agree. There's no way to avoid the consequences of greed and lies. Unfortunately, we'll all have to struggle through these hard times.

Luckily we can move in with you guys if things get really bad. haha :)

Susann said...

Maybe we should all stash some cash!

Bastian and B

Bastian's new laugh